PSDFan Extra

30 Minute Redesign: Week 18 Vote

30 Minute Redesigns

I hope many of you saw last week’s 30 minute redesign. If you missed it then please check out the redesign I did of Nick Throlson

30 Minute Redesign: Nick Throlson

The idea is that I redesign a website in just 30 minutes, trying to improve upon it’s design aspects. I then publish a case-study of my improvements for learning purposes and email the webmaster the final .psd design. I will be doing one redesign each week, and to be eligible for the following week’s redesign you must leave a comment to the previous week’s redesign with your web address and why you would like a redesign.

Voting Begins

After receiving lots of great comments to last week’s redesign post, I’m happy to present the candidates for this Saturday’s redesign.

Please look over the websites below, and then use the poll at the bottom of this post to choose which site you’d like to see redesigned:

1: D.zigns

2: Twilight Blog

3: Peter Allen Memorial Lectures

4: Zoneziwoh Show

Vote Now!

Please cast your vote using the poll below:

Be sure to check back on Saturday for the winning case-study!

About the Author:

Tom is the founder of PSDFAN. He loves writing tutorials, learning more about design and interacting with the community. On a more interesting note he can also play guitar hero drunk with his teeth.

9 Comments:

1. Fwonk says:

It should be D.Zigns, but as he is offering web design services, he should do his own!

2. JoshW says:

I agree with Fwonk. Any site that says they do web designs shouldn’t be eligible.

3. Jake says:

I think the web design services provider’s also some times need a make over support. They should be eligible and given an equal opportunity.

4. HD Guy says:

Nice designs, I for one like Peter Allen Memorial Lectures

5. 6clicks says:

I think redesign D.zigns is to easy …. and it’s will be more funny and interesting one like Peter Allen Memorial Lectures… with already a good base.

6. Tom says:

I don’t want to start massively limiting the types of sites that can be submitted. It’s really up to you guys, whoever you think deserves it most (hence the poll). I can see the point about Web Design Services sites, but I’m still happy to be improving the web one design at a time.

7. Lee says:

It’s often a more challenging task for web designers to design for themselves than when designing for clients, so I’d say D.Zigns. But also Peter Allen’s site is already quite clean and professional looking, so I’m curious how you’d take it to the next level or two. :)

Cheers,
    Lee

8. PAML says:

Hi All,

Thanks for the comments with regards to our website, Peter Allen Memorial Lectures. For those interested we use Drupal and a free theme known as Blog Buzz (http://drupal.org/project/blogbuzz).

Personally I am unsure about the comments about the web designers site being submitted. I agree with some that this is ironic, but at the same time I still find it interesting to see what can be done with them. Likewise with good quality sites, there are ofter big improvements that can be made with just a few minor changes, sometimes not obvious to others. Either way, I know whichever site is chosen, I will learn something from the redesign of the site.

Tom, keep up the amazing work.