Have every post delivered to your inbox and get access to hundreds of useful design freebies.
You guys have been requesting tutorials that have more practical outcomes. In this tutorial we will be creating a zombie video game cover, which will teach you some of the basics of product packaging and advertising. With this tutorial we will be covering major topics like:
As always, this is the final image that we’ll be creating:
In this step we will be creating the mud road for the BG.
1) Import the image of the mud road on to the canvas and place it as shown.
2) To expand the width of the road, import the image of another mud road image and place it on the right side of previously created road. Use a layer mask to blend the images together smoothly.
3) Duplicate the previously created layer and place it on the left side of the road as shown.
In this step we will be creating a full moon sky.
1) Create a new layer under the ground layer and fill in with Black color.
2) Now import the image of the full moon sky on to the canvas and place it as shown.
In this step we will be introducing the main character in the scene.
1) Import the image of the model on to the canvas and place it as shown.
2) Now create an Exposure adjustment layer and set the Exposure to +2.25.
3) Using the Brightness/Contrast adjustment layer set the Brightness to 103 and Contrast level to 21.
4) To blend the light shade on the model with the moon light paint a color gradient with the color #588892 on a new layer placed above the Model layer. Then set the Blending mode of the layer to Overlay.
5) Now by using the Hue/Saturation adjustment layer set the Hue level to 189 and Saturation level to 25. Make sure to check the Colorize box before adjusting the Hue and Saturation levels.
In this step we will be color correcting the Sky and the ground.
1) Create a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to the sky layer and check the Colorize box, then set the Hue to 189 and Saturation level to 25.
2) Create Curves adjustment layer to the ground folder and set the Blue and Red curves as shown.
3) Now create an Exposure adjustment layer to the ground folder and set the Exposure level to -0.63 and Gamma Correction to 0.56.
4) Now de-saturate the ground layer by -51 using Hue/Saturation adjustment layer.
5) Create another Exposure Adjustment layer to the ground folder and set the Exposure level to -0.51 and Gamma Correction to 0.74.
I'm a freelance graphics designer and the Founder of Zillionarts and ZillionArts Workshop. Here we ought to provide the best training on Digital Painting and Visual Effects host by the experienced pros from the Hollywood and Gaming Industry. I work constantly to explore more possibilities and techniques to bring my imaginary worlds to live. You can follow me on Deviantart.
Do you know the basic tools in Photoshop but feel that your work is still looking average? Join our creative community at FanExtra and get the direction you need to take your work to the next level.